Friday, July 13, 2007

For Beavis - Yes, yes, fire, fire, fire

Do campfires bring out the pyro in everyone or is it just me? Isn't it unnatural to sit around a campfire and not poke and prod it with a firestick? (firestick: a stick deemed worthy of poking, prodding and/or stirring a fire.)

Not always the brainiac, I once fell into a campfire while poking at it, but that's another story... I'll just say it was my bachelorette party and I did not get burned, but I did get some pretty bad bruises.

This charred beauty was made while camping with friends sometime in May. Although it may not look like it, we had a torrent of rain that weekend, so we only had one puny campfire before the monsoon hit. As you can probably tell, I doctored the image by placing a black outline around the chunks of burned wood. I know, I know - doctoring the image makes it lame... but I don't have any more smiley images at this point in time, so it's this or nothing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your Phoenix!

From the ashes rises a smile....

David Andrew Remington said...

Let's hear the bachelorette story! That's bound to generate some smiles! :)