Sunday, June 10, 2007

Procrastination & Such


My digital camera has recently started to beep frantically and display a rotten E18 error which has prevented me from being able to take new pictures or download old images. This annoying snafu has kept me from experiencing my full creative potential over the last month (or so) but more importantly, it has kept my audience (1.4 readers) from being able to enjoy some entertaining banter.

Actually, that's a load of crap. While I am getting a E18 error and it is causing a problem, I do happen to have a couple images reserved on my hard drive and I could have used them, but I didn't. Why? Because I'm a tad uninspired and I'm blaming it on the heat.

It's basically summertime in the South and the temperatures are soring. The conditions are ripe for a computer virus and I've been infected. After sitting in front of my computer for more than a few minutes, my eyes glaze over and I start thinking about other chores that I could be doing. My priorities have become loopy and the next thing you know, I'm outside picking Japanese Beetles off my trees and shrubs (then stomping on them or throwing them into a soapy water grave). When I'm not killing beetles, I can be found weed whipping (my yard is too small to mow), hunting toads with my son, or swimming in the pool. So you see with all this outdoor activity, I'm much too busy to be blogging.

OK - I've dished up another plate of stink. Enough is enough - It's time for a post, even if the content doesn't go with the image. Today's post is dedicated to procrastination and a meaningless smiley made from Easter candy.

3 comments:

David Andrew Remington said...

Welcome back. Glad to see you at it again!

Sincerely,
.4

Anonymous said...

hey! I like the smiley! I bet it tasted good after you photographed it. Check out my page! (its on yahoo, not on here though!)

LuLu said...

it seems like you'd enjoy the stories of a cute little puppy, i'm describing myself of course, one of the few dogs on here. please read more about me!